What Is Included
- An excellent
intensive language course
on arrival in the country.
- Project related travel (in country).
- In-country support from Outreach International Coordinator.
- Support and documentation for visa application.
- Airport pick up.
- Training and briefing in the UK, including a teacher training course and fundraising awareness
- A weekend or short trip. See country descriptions.
- Public Liability Insurance.
- Specialist Backpacker Travel Insurance*
- Language CD course, available upon request from UK.
- Flights to Galapagos from Quito (Galapagos projects only).
- Galapagos work permit (Galapagos projects only).
- Five day Himalayan trek. (Nepal Projects ONLY).
- We put a lot of time and energy into visiting projects, selecting ones which genuinely benefit
from volunteer support and making sure that your skills and interest are properly used. We like to
meet all potential volunteers to brief you about your selected project so you can make an informed
decision about whether it is right for you. The cost of this is covered by your placement charge.
Please note: it does not include the cost of international flights.
However we can help your organise these. We recommend WEXAS. They provide real value for money
combined with high levels of service. For more information visit their website,
Please contact Alex Crosby who will be delighted to assist with your plans. 020 7838 5894 or
Please note a few individual projects require a small additional charge, this is mentioned on the
For full details of the breakdown of our expenses
* The Backpacker Travel Insurance is a specialist policy designed for those
who volunteer and work on their travels. Cover includes baggage, personal
accident, emergency medical expenses, repatriation, personal liability, plus
much more. It can be extended for volunteers wishing to travel independently
after their placement. This insurance is provided by Mind The Gap Year.
Gap Year and backpacker insurance, safety and assistance.
An important aspect of the UK office support is to advise volunteers how to
raise money for their project. You will all have the opportunity to attend one
of our fund raising awareness days in Somerset and will be provided with a pack
full of ideas about fund raising activities.
"To my complete amazement and gratitude to wonderfully
generous people all the hard work paid off and the Auction, raffle and small
profit from each ticket sale raised a few pounds over £3000!! at the
Supper evening on Friday - how fantastic is that. Thank you for your positive
encouragement and for having Peter to give such a good fundraising awareness day
as I heeded his words about location, as good as one can get, and about getting a
professional auctioneer in, Peter Lewis was great and new quite a few of the
farmers and other friends as lived locally."